Come Visit Our Station!
Avondale Fire and Medical welcomes groups both large and small to visit our stations. This is a great opportunity to experience the inner workings of the fire department, learn valuable safety information, and have a great time! To get the most out of your visit:
- Children must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times.
- Stations can be drafty, dusty, noisy, and floors may be slippery. Sturdy clothing and shoes are recommended.
- Photos and videos are encouraged. Photos and videos may also be taken by on-duty personnel to be shared on Fire Department social media platforms. Please let the Community Outreach Coordinator know if you do not give permission for photos/video and arrangements will be made.
- Tours can last from 30 to 45 minutes.
- Our stations stay busy helping the community. The engine may get a call during the tour and visitors can watch the engine leave with lights and sirens blaring!
- Visitors will be able to get into the engine and look around. Sorry, no engine rides are allowed due to safety regulations.
- Want to see our crews in action? Click to view “Firefighter: The Next 48 Hours.” https://youtu.be/n09rmtr7Isw
Please Note: Avondale Fire and Medical is following the CDC guidelines to keep our community safe. Station tours are unavailable until further notice. Please check back in periodically as we will update this article as soon as the program resumes.